Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

05 mercury montego replaced 2 alternators and new battery.

Customer Question

05 mercury montego replaced 2 alternators and new battery. battery light comes on with charging messagewill come on and then go off charging system only reading 11.7 volts and droping
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

At the alternator the white/black and black/orange wires should be battery voltage. If they are good then the alternator, PCM or PCM to alternator wiring is bad. Was an aftermarket alternator used? Are you getting trouble codes? Sending an offer to upload the Ford diag steps if needed.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris