Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

I've got a 2005 : I've got a 2005 Mercury Monterey van. Left

Customer Question

i've got a 2005
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've got a 2005 Mercury Monterey van. Left the lights on and the battery went dead. Jump started it, got it running. After that the side doors, rear hatch wouldn't open with the remote or the inside overhead panel. The pillar switches will open and close the side doors. The key remote will lock and unlock the doors. What's wrong here?
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: Battery was bought in 2013. Checked battery with a hydrometer and it's got a good charge.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all the fuses first. They're good. I also have the Mitchell manual for the van. Followed that, there are no codes when I checked with the scan tool. Looked up code C1999 and it's reflecting to change the instrument panel, so I stopped to seek more info.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercury Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercury?
Customer: I can't think of anything. It runs good, charging system working.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

You may be in luck and only need to initialize these things to fix them, below are links to those steps. Try it and report back on the results.

Once you have selected a rating at the top of your page view for my first answer to grade my assistance. All follow up responses are free and welcomed. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris