Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

O/d light flashing when driving at above 60mph : There is

Customer Question

O/d light flashing when driving for 20min at above 60mph
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There is also a rattle or so ething coming from in between engine ad trany. Also have doesnt always shift well
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: Not likely
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The overdrive light flashing means the computer system is seeing a systems fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to direct you in the correct repair you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned and fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results as well as the year and model of your Mercury we can work from there to determine the cause.