Steve, Mercury Technician
Experience:  30 years experience working for Mercury Dealer. Master tech

I have a 2005 Ford E-450 cutaway van with the V10. it's

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford E-450 cutaway van with the V10. it's a replacement motor with 20,000 miles. when it's cold it idles unevenly, but is ok once it's warmed up. However, when you glide in to a stop, occasionally it dies. What is wrong with it?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
Is your your yellow check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer or power train control module?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no light is on. I will try to get the code checker on it later. In old days it would have been a vacuum leak but I'm not familiar with the V 10.I guess I'll get back to you later.Chris
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
There are a couple of possibilities. It could be a vacuum leak or your throttle body could be sludged up and need to clean the throttle body and butterfly inside the throttle. Body.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
The most common place for a vacuum leak is where the pcv vacuum hose goes into attaches the intake manifold