Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I have upgraded the power in the mountaineer 4.6 and now it

Customer Question

I have upgraded the power in the mountaineer 4.6 and now it seems I cant get my alternator to charge my 2 batteries I have
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 120k and I have driven a few days at 12.0v with the 2 batteries of course I have charged them
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried checked the wires to make sure all grounds and power are clean and tight on all connections and have replaced the regulator on my upgraded alternator 2 times now.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: im curious to know about to the yellow wire coming off the alternators plug harness to what importance it really is. i also have all 0 guage wire for a audio system ran with fuse blocks installed at all power sources for a better control. all fuses are good as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is my Vin really that important
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Yes sir

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't understand why you need the vin if I give you the year make and model
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Please send VIN