Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

Key was stolen locksmith came made 2 new keys cleared the

Customer Question

Key was stolen locksmith came made 2 new keys cleared the old keys out of system cycle new keys in theft light just keep flashing rapidly my wife before locksmith got here kept trying to start it with non chip key
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnect battery for 2 days rubbed battery cables together closingall doors locking with keyless entry on drivers door and unlocking
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: Locksmith doesn't believe the keys programed into the system
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Can I get the year, make , model?

Did you watch the tech doing the programming steps?

Did the tech get any trouble codes after scanning the system to see why the programming failed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2002 mercury mountaineer yes I was watching he didn't have a scanning tool only a programmer

Once he hooked up the tool under the dash. How long did he have to wait on the car and tool before he was able to erase prior key codes and was able to try and program the keys back to the vehicle?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris