Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

Lights on butcwont turn over. Nothing. Last week the door

Customer Question

Lights on butcwont turn over. Nothing. Last week the door locks quit working then the seat belt alarm would not stop singing even when hooked up. Undid the battery and it started working. Now this.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Battery has been disconnected and reconnected. It resets itself but will not start still.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Can I get the year, make, model?

Can you go into more detail "Lights on butcwont turn over." I do not understand this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2007 mercury marquis. Lights on dash work, and it won't turn over, no clicking, just does nothing. Last week the door locks and trunk unlock quit. Took battery terminal and reset, it started working again. Now this and again the doorlocks, trunk unlock. Have tried the battery unhook to reset, still nothing. Also with seatbelts hooked up the seatbelt warning continues to alarm. Turn the key and nothing.

Thanks, ***** ***** own a test light or volt meter?

With the key on is the theft light off, not flashing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will have to find out.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The light is not in. Not sure how long it has been off. He did get the car started. Fuel pump fuse blew. Why? Door and trunk locks not working properly, then works out of the blue. Anti skid light on then off, same with the tire sensor. Seat belt alarming like it isn't fastened at times. What the heck! It is possessed?!?

Without the ability to do any testing yet due to you not having the tools needed. I can respond with what I believe is wrong.

Blown fuel pump fuse is either a wire short to ground or failing fuel pump.

Locks not working is normally related to the drivers door module with an issue.

Traction control light on, possible incorrect reading wheel speed sensor.

Seat belt alarm, dirty buckle electrical connector or faulty buckle.

On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do have a voltmeter and a test light. What can icdocwith these to narrow this problem down.

Remove the fuel pump relay and unplug the fuel pump. OHM test the pump red/black wire to ground. If you get any continuity then the wire is shorted to ground. If you get an open circuit then the pump is bad.

Here are the diag steps for the locks.

For the traction control light on a diagnostic tool is needed. For the seat belt light, the steps prior mentioned are what you need to follow.