Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

My 99 cougar turns over making the noise to start but wont

Customer Question

My 99 cougar turns over making the noise to start but wont start blinking light from security
JA: A security light issue can be an easy fix, once you get all the information you need. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the ins and outs of the issue. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Everything comes on like it should but when i turn key to start it doesnt and anti theft light starts blinking on dash
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I dont even know where to take it to i have asked many people and mechanics say they dont deal with it
JA: Is there anything else the Mercury Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercury?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.Going by the symptoms you describe, it does sound like the anti-theft system is preventing the engine from starting. Due to its nature, only qualified Ford shops and some licensed locksmiths have access to the tools needed to work on it. To find a repair facility in your area, you may call Ford at +1(###) ###-####Best Regards.