Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Heat or ac blows through all vents. is it the accuatorJA:

Customer Question

heat or ac blows through all vents. is it the accuator
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: heat and a/c blows through all vents
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: what im doing now Research
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, engine?I think your post got cut short. It says heat and AC blows through all vents. Can you go into more detail:Can not change the tempAC does not workBlower speeds do not workCan not change where the air blows out at?Auto or manual climate control?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When you the buttons for floor or defrost or vent the air does not flow through the selected button
All else works AC and heat
Just does not flow through selected vent
Thanks, ***** ***** need the year, make, model?Where is the air flow flowing out at, and stuck at defrost or floor?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
05 grand marquis the air does not go to selected vent when you select button if you hit defrost it does not switch to just defrost duct. If you hit floor button it does not go to just floor. Just seems like it blows behind dash
Thanks. I still need a tad bit more explanation to figure this out.Select defrost, where is the air blowing out?Select dash/panel, where the air blowing out?Select floor, where is the air blowing out?Or does the blower work on all speeds and normal and MAX AC and not one drop of air blows out from the defrost, dash, or floor?