sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Warms up and will not start run good then to rich JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

warms up and will not start run good then to rich
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it runs great until something breaks down new cap rotor coil plugs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i have been trying i can not nail it down, it will idle all day but as soon as you try to run it. it run to rich and misfires
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: i have changed a lot of parts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that will cause the engine to run too rich. It could be a fuel pressure issue, an inaccurate MAP or MAF sensor, an inaccurate oxygen sensor, the coolant temperature signal being incorrectly cold will also cause the engine to run rich. If you have EGR then the valve hanging open when not intended will cause the engien to run rich.What year and model is the vehicle?