Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Does it cost anything to talk to you? JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Does it cost anything to talk to you?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car doesn't decelerate it keeps going even with the foot on the gas petal.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Air regulator changed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: C-foam, injecter cleaner, premium fuel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2000 mercury sable, 3.0
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
I see, thanks Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..That could be an idle air control problem or just dirt in the air passages in the throttle body. Some of them, (including my own 2003 Taurus) had a problem with the idle air control valves, (IAC). ……..However,…You will want to do a throttle body cleaning on it to make sure that all of the idle air passages are clear of any carbon build up..You can pick up a can of “throttle body cleaner” just about anywhere auto parts are sold.. You can normally follow the directions on the can but I always spray some in the intake while the throttle plate is closed to be sure that it gets into all of the passages. You don’t want to use carb cleaner though, as it’s not safe for the 02 sensors...…Also, you want to be sure that there are no vacuum leaks and that the intake air hose is on good and free of any cracks. Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.