Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

I need to replace my ignition switch. I can not get it to turn

Customer Question

JA: Ignition switch issues can be tricky, but with the right information -- fixable. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The ignition appears to be jammed it stuck and I can not get it to mive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have removed two screws...only
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: No..I need to know my next step
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Is the steering locked up?Will the key go in and out smooth?Year, make, model vehicle?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris