Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Mercury Sable Premier: 2002 sable auto lamps not working, is

Customer Question

2002 sable auto lamps not working, is there a separate fuse or relay. all accessible fuses check out fine.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.The relay for the Auto Lamps is part of the Generic Electronic Module under left side of dash. This relay is powered by fuse 29 and energized internally based on signals from the Photo Cell Amplifier Assembly on top right side of the dash - diagnosis of either the GEM or the Amplifier requires a capable scan tool.Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.Best Regards.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
well the dash lights and parking lights both work with the auto-lamp on, so I think the amplifier is working.
so i would think it is the relay in the CJB. Do you have to replace the box itself?
The relay for the Auto Lamps is part of the Generic Electronic Module under left side of dash and not serviceable by itself.The modules sell for less than $50 on ebay, so you could take the chance and get one if you don't have access to a scan tool and don't want to have the system diagnosed at a Ford shop.Best Regards.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now.If it didn't, please reply.Best Regards.