Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury Montego: 2006 Mercury Montego. Goes into very high

Customer Question

2006 Mercury Montego. Goes into very high rpm but barely moves after driving a few miles. Has transaxle trouble code P0701
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Are you going to be doing the diag and repairs on your transaxle?Do you know which model transaxle your car has? If not can I get the code from the label in the drivers door jam under TR, its a single letter or number code.Is the trans oil dirty or does it have an odor?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, my father and I will be doing the repairs. It is a C model transaxle. The car has no transmission dip stick.To add to the description of the issue the wrench warning light came on when this problem occurred.The car won't move. The next day there is no wrench then the process repeats itself.
Thanks, ***** ***** a CVT transaxle. The most expensive and hardest to work on transaxle. Code 0701 means a better scan tool is needed to access the TCM transaxle control module and retrieve the codes stored from within. By symptom alone this is looking like a valve body/solenoid failure. On this model its called the mechatronics unit. Once I know the other codes and can help you through the diag and repair a must need tool is a dealer equivalent diagnostic tool to not only do the diag but to reprogram the transaxle once repaired. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris