Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

How do I get to the cowl of my liking Mercury monfedo 2007.

Customer Question

How do I get to the cowl of my liking Mercury monfedo 2007. Also auto Windows and radio stopped. How do I get to the fuses/circuits under the dash?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Auto Windows and radio stopped working at the same time. Car always leaks water on passenger and driver side floorboard. Windshield has been replaced two e and car has been sent to outside vendor for rain and wind test. They could not find issue. Past son in law blew something out. How do I get to the cowl? What is a PERMANENT fix?? also, how do I get to the circuit for windows and radio issue .. Under the das, how??
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: Yes. I want to fix.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything I mentioned above
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It is a 2007 Mercury Montego. I am the first owner
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The drivers side fuse panel is access from under the dash, via the floorboard. To diagnose the windows and radio we need to test a bunch of wires to see if the smart junction box accessory delay relay has failed. Is that something you will be able to handle. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris