Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My cigarette lighter came apart and i need to repair it how

Customer Question

my cigarette lighter came apart and i need to repair it how do i get behind the ashtray to fix it. it is a 1999 mercury sable
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i use it for my gps. i pulled out the plug and a portion of the lighter came out with it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to rescrew it back it but i cant get the screw stem to go back into the little hole. I cant find how to get into the back way to hold it correctly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: sometimes the map light stays on while i am driving. and the rpm doesnt work correctly either
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. Do you still need help with it?Is the ash tray console mounted or in the instrument panel?