FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Mercury Sable LS: I own a mercury sable LS 2001, and I got

Customer Question

I own a mercury sable LS 2001, and I got into an accident due to non working breaks. The Sable got its radiator & mounting piece, right head light, hood, front bumper, and fuse box busted. We can easily repair everything but one thing... the fuse box. When i got into the crash, it got damage during the accident and we don't know if it can be repaired or replaced. Anyone got answers on how to fix it or replace it, or is it good as scrap?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. If the fuse box was damaged it needs to be replaced. It is a simple replacement. Hopefully none of the wiring harness connectors broke. If they did then you will need to replace those connectors. Most of the time the fuse box just cracks and needs to be replaced. I really hope also that nothing got shorted when this occurred. Simply replace it with a new or used unit. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I replace the fuse box, can you walk me though the process step by step?
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.
Ubfortubately I do not have any manuals with this information. I can check another place tomorrow if you would prefer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd accept any help for my fuse box problem, please do what you can to obtain this info on how to fix it.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.
I can see if I have anything tomorrow. If you need it sooner I can opt out of the question and see if someone else can assist you.