Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Fuel pump was bad on my 2002 mercury grand marquis. replaced

Customer Question

Fuel pump was bad on my 2002 mercury grand marquis. replaced fuel pump, and spark plugs. vehicle started and ran beautifully. drove car for over an hour. no problems. parked in garage. went out this morning. no start again. security light on dash flashing fast while cranking. no start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: redid all test for fuel pump. it is testing as before bad pump. security light did not flash before.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: disconnected the battery to try a reset. now, with head lights in the off position the headlights turn on while trying to start.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mercury Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  roybelding replied 10 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist if the security light is on the fuel pump is disabled.did you try another key??? Roy