Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Fuel pressure was tested and ignition switch and everything

Customer Question

Fuel pressure was tested and ignition switch and everything is good, car won't turn over!
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No, it had spark and fuel coming.
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: Hello are you there!
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercury Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
If it has fuel pressure and spark about the only thing left besides an engine mechanical issue such as a timing chain/belt is that the fuel injectors are not working. Either they don't have voltage to them and the fuse is blown or they are not pulsing and either the fuse o the ecm is blown, a sensor isn't giving a signal to the ecm such as the crank sensor or there is a security issue.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
Did you check the fuse?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.