Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

Mercury Grand Marquis: I have a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis and last friday while i was driving it the turn signals randomly just stopped working. I was hoping it was just a random electrical glitch but when i drove it the next day, they still didn't work. The confusing thing is that my hazards still work fine, and all the bulbs are still working. But when i try to use my blinkers, they dont even click on my dashboard. Also, i noticed today that my A/C or Heat doesnt work. I thought i had a fuse issue but when i took out the fuse that is for my turn signals and A/C, the radio stopped working, and when i put it back in, the radio turned back on. Which makes it seem like the fuse is not the problem here. Any suggestions for me?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you checked the #1 and #5 fuses, in the fuse box in the dash yet?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only checked the #5 Fuse because i though that was the one responsible for the turn signals
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
the number 1 is also for the tuen signals, can you check it, and also check if they both have power to them,Tim
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, give me a second
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
let me know,Tim
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Both fuses work
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any other advice?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Did both fuses have power at them, with the key on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
ok, do you have a volt meter or a test light, we need to check powers going into the turn signal switch and going out?