Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Mercury SABLE: 2002 SABLE IDELS HIGH ALSO BATTERY LIGHT ON

Customer Question

2002 SABLE IDELS HIGH ALSO BATTERY LIGHT ON FALLS ON FACE WHEN THROTTLE IS PRESSED
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Check for any vacuum leaks on the engine with loose or damaged vacuum lines or the intake gasket leaking.In some cases this ca take a smoke machine to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks.This will cause a high idle as well as a lean running issue and can cause the engine to want to stall out or bog down when trying to accelerate.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all this needs done to with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.As for the battery light have the battery tested as well as the battery cables and connections at the battery as well as alternator,starter and anywhere the battery cables run and connect to.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

OK THANKS ON THE CHARGING ISSUE WE HAVE HAD BAD LUCK ON AFTERMARKET ONES WHATS THE WIRING LOOK LIKE AS FAR AS THE BLU/RED AND THE GRY/YEL ARE ANY OF THESE HAVE 12 VOLT THANKS

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Your welcome. Here is the charging diagrams for this model here.My info doesnt show me if any of these two wires are voltage but the third wire in the connector does have voltage as well as the main charge wire. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhx6zppyt7trprc/ch-04-12.gif?dl=0 Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER TWO WIRES GOING TO PC ARE THEY BOTH SUPPOSED TO BE HOT OR AT LEAST ONE OF THEM

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I apologize for the delay as I have been off line the last few days. My info doesnt list exactly what these other 2 wires do for sure but one will be for the PCM/computer to monitor the alternator and one is either a switched or controlled ground or power wire.I have seen the PCM fail before in the past needing replaced for issues like this here. Thanks Pete