Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My name is ***** *****. We have a 2010 Murcury Sable.

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. We have a 2010 Murcury Sable. The water pump has a concave washer that is part of the water pump housing. How is the concave washer secured?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Was replacing the water pump impeller. During reassebly, we watched a You tube vide of someone with the exact same pump and where washer had come out of its seated poistion and interfered and got banged up by the impeller. Dont want that to happen to us so want to ensure that we are securing this concave washer properly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Manufacture of the fifth generation Sable ended on May 21, 2009What year is this again?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2000 mercury Sable
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is a 3.0 duratec water pump - the concave washer is part of the housing before the impeller is attached.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The attached video is what we watched and are now afraid to simply put back together for fear this will happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWFjHuXOgFs . How is this concave washer actually secured?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Manufacture of the fifth generation Sable ended on May 21, 2009What year is this again?I assumed it was a 2009, but that engine is a 3.5, so what year is it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2000. Are you receiving the previous entries I have put ion these boxes? So you have a full understanding of what I failed to state properly the 1st time? lol
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
2000? You opened this post by saying 2010.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my apologies - my fat fingers mis-typed. Not good on computers
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I have been looking over the instructions but I don't see anything about a concave washer mentioned. I can't remember personally working on one of these water pumps. Is this washer separate from the pump?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please look at the attached video on youtube which is the EXACT issue except WE have the washer type piece (and his got destroyed when he put back together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWFjHuXOgFs
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
yeah, I watched that, but I didn't actually see the washer. At what spot do you see this washer in that video, at what minute:second? I found another video on installing this water pump, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl6pxDxIdGA
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He does not have the washer in that video (his was torn up after he put back together and ran it). I watched your video from the link. It is not the same water pump as the one in the video that I sent you. Will have to go back outside and look - maybe pictures will help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My husband said that if you have never worked on this water pump on a 2010 Mercury Sable, then thank you anyway. He wants to speak/chat with someone that has experience on this specific pump. Paying you anyway for your time and thanks for trying :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oops - typed 2010 AGAIN!! Fat fingers - 2000!!!! Argh! Have a good day!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I rate you so you can get paid for your time. The start above wont let me click on them and wont let me click on submit? They have charged me $24 (was supposed to be $10) - but I need to rate you so it can go to you (or a portion of it or however it works).
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Would you like me to try and help you?