Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Basically my minivan has been sitting years. The

Customer Question

Basically my minivan has been sitting for three years. The rear of the van/bumper "UNDERNEATH" is all rusted. I need to replace the whole rear BACK. Can you tell me what is the proper name for this if any? Also, could you tell me where I can buy a used part.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, can you take some photos of the rusted areas and use the paperclip icon on your reply box to upload them here so I can take a look and make a list of the parts needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do this because it is under the car. Therefore I would need a lift which I don't have sorry.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, does the rusted out area include the frame and body panels that the bumper attaches to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES. I believe I need a Rear Frame. How much would this part be if I get it from a used lot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello could you tell me, please?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, I am looking at my catalogue and it doesnt show a separate rear frame, just the complete frame from front to rear and no listing for a price and looking thru my national parts locator, none are pulling up as available. I will have to make some calls in the morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I do appreciate your help. I look forward hearing back from you.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, will talk with you tomorrow