Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Mercury grand marquise front passenger rim fell inward

Customer Question

Mercury grand marquise front passenger rim fell inward toward the top causing the vehicle to honk uncontrollably the vehicle was running when turned off..replaced tire and vehicle wont start lights on the dash coming on bt wont start
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key or remote and see if it then starts and runs.If this does not work let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once the tire was replaced it wouldnt start ..turning the key back n forth jus the lights on the dash come on but wont start
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,when you try and start it then let go of the key when it will not start do you see a light on the dash that says theft or security or looks like a picture of a lock across it at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting to the vehicle and will check the lights on dash to see if i see what u are saying
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,let me know when your ready

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do thanks get back with you in the nxt hour
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

sounds good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No light like tht with a lock jus the brake and low fuel light showing the horn is still able to honk via the wires on tht passenger side where the tire was messed up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clock inside is on when key is turned over
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I had to run out yesterday and couldnt get back here again.

Have you checked to make sure all fuses are o.k.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be something electrical? There are a group of wires hanging down on the frnt passenger side checkn fuses now
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It is very possible that one or more wires were or are damaged causing this here and need inspected and repaired.I would check the wiring where you see the group hanging down and see if any issues are found with the wiring at all.If any issues are found the affected wiring will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked and found o.k let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete