Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

I have a 2003 Merc Marque, was running fine yesterday. Got

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2003 Merc Marque , was running fine yesterday. Got in the car today and runs sluggish under acceleration, and now the check engine light came on. What are your thoughts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just when I go to accelerate its very sluggish like it bogs down no power. The check engine light didn't come on for like 8-10 miles, but is not responsive like it normally is.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.

Do you have any way of checking the engine computer(PCM) for trouble codes?
Since the check engine light is on, there are trouble codes that will narrow down the cause of your problem. If you can get these codes, it will be a great help to us as any repair shop will first, before doing any repairs, will check for trouble codes in the PCM.