A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

I have a 2008 mountaeer, the 6-cd changer says load error

Customer Question

I have a 2008 mountaeer, the 6-cd changer says load error will not let me insert a disc, any solutions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I press load button after a few seconds load error shows up will not let me load a cd, the radio works great no problem with that just don't know what to do to get cd player working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.

Do you have any CDs in the changer?
If so do they play?
If not, then the CD changer is mechanically broken and will need to be replaced. There are no repairs to the radio CD changer itself to repair the problem. You can either purchase a new one for a dealership or a used one from a used auto parts supplier. But the internal mechanism that moves the CDs to the slot is malfunctioning causing the problem.