Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The audio player works fine, but none of the buttons on the

Customer Question

The audio player works fine, but none of the buttons on the dash, left, top, right side do not work - system will not respond to them, for things like DESTnation, etc. Can use the steering wheel button to talk to SYNC, but when you say "PHONE" - it says that "this device is not installed" !. And when you start the car, the usual messages when the Blue Tooth connection happens, - are not there.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. Medical bills have gotten worse, it is NOT a time that I can pay for an expensive repair bill. Merc Mariner Hybrid is 2009 model.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?
Customer: No, this problem just started last evening.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I need to know whether yours has navigation and whether it works or not. I will also need the last 8 of the vin number to pull schematics.

I also need to know your abilities for reading and interpreting wiring schematics and using a voltmeter if needed for testing