Scott W.
Scott W., Mercury Technician
Experience:  26 yrs. experience with Ford, Lincoln and Mercury.
26022388

Can the seat belts pass and driver be repaired to retract

Customer Question

can the seat belts pass and driver be repaired to retract better
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As I say, I have a 2000 Sable with approximately 220,000 miles.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: the seat belts are slow to retract how can I fix same, since the whole unit are on back order and cost to much.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercury Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercury?
Customer: how do you stop a slit oil leak can additives solve the problem?
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Mercury Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

About the only thing that can be done short of replacing the retractors, is to clean the belt and clean at the upper anchor where the belt slides on, sometimes dirt and grime will get on this upper anchor and cause slow belt retraction, this about the only thing that can be done with these as they are serviced as a unit. I would use a interior stain cleaner, then try some armor all at the upper ancher, the armor all is really slick and should improve the retraction speed.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Additive will very rarely stop a oil leak, they may slow them down because the additive is really thick. Reparing the oil leak is the best action that could be taken.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott