How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris (aka- Moose) Your Own Question
Chris (aka- Moose)
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Category: Mercury
Satisfied Customers: 1918
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435
Type Your Mercury Question Here...
Chris (aka- Moose) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2005 Sable LS - 80K miles. Drove around this morning fine.

Customer Question

2005 Sable LS - 80K miles. Drove around this morning fine. Never an issue with this car. Came out of O'Reilly's, cranked it and it ran really rough for a bit then shut down. Turned over and over but no run. Sprayed starter fluid into it and it ran until the vapor was gone. I'm trying to determine if it's a fuel pump relay or the fuel pump.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm broke.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just what I've described. I have to get it towed back to my house, so I thought I'd see if there was a way to check the relay before towing.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercury Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercury?
Customer: Runs like a scalded dog.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I am Randall. In order to help at this stage? do you have a testlight? or at least a voltmeter? testlight would be better