Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I have Merc Mountaineer 2003 power windows quit working, I

Customer Question

I have Merc Mountaineer 2003 power windows quit working, I think it is circuit breaker under hood, but I can tell which one >
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Your 2003 dose not use a circuit break but instead it uses fuses. There are 3 fuses you need to check. Two in the under hood fuse panel (fuse F1-6 and F1-47_ and one in the interior fuse panel (F2-17) . Start first with checking all three to make sure none are blown and let me know the results.

Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

One other very common cause for all the windows to stop at once on your 2003 is a broken wire in the drivers door jam harness. If the fuses check okay then pull the boot back from the body and the door and inspect the wiring for any signs of a broken wire.