Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

My 1990 Mercury Topaz just started acting up again. It

Customer Question

My 1990 Mercury Topaz just started acting up again. It randomly started bucking out of no where and died while I was driving. I got a jump and it did the same thing. Also I noticed the AMP light turned on, can someone help me with tryin to find the cause of this? I feel like this car has so many issues with the electrical part:(
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the amp light is coming on and you had to jump start the car then the first hing you need to do is to check the charging system to make sure the alternator is charging at the proper rate. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.