Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1990 Mercury topaz and I just locked my keys in my

Customer Question

I have a 1990 Mercury topaz and I just locked my keys in my trunk. The only way for me to open it is thru the glove box with a button. I don't have the trunk key. I can get in the car just don't have my key to turn the car to on to pop the trunk open with the button. The trunk will only open from the glove box when the car is turned to on with the key. Is there any way I can get the trunk unlocked?!
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

You can access the trunk button harness connector by removing the glove box, disconnect the harness connector from the trunk button and apply 12v to the connector terminals to open the trunk. You can either run wires from the battery and ground, or from a portable jumpbox