Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My name is ***** *****. I have a 99 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** *****. I have a 99 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 AWD. I have a vibration in the driveline (not necessarily front end, no steering wheel vibration). All of the tires match and are new and road force balanced. I have replaced the upper control arms, the end links, both front CV axles, both front wheel bearings, the u joint and cv joint on the prop shaft, and both u joints in the rear driveshaft. It has also had a wheel alignment.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Minor binding when turning at low speeds, an audible rumble at any speed above 45, and the real vibration starts after 55/60mph.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Can you remove the front driveshaft and tell me if there is still a vibration while driving?
  2. While driving and the vibration is at its worst, if you swerve aggressive but safe does the vibration come and go?