Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

Barnhardt. 2005 mercury grand marquis. left Turn signal

Customer Question

Barnhardt. 2005 mercury grand marquis. left Turn signal flashes rapidly but all lights are working. should I replace the flasher itself or look for something else. hazard light flash as normal.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's about all I can think of for now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The problem you are describing is very likely the flasher as you suspect but your 2005 dose not have a flasher you can change. The flasher is incorporated in to the LCM (lighting control module) and to replace the flasher you would need to replace the LCM. The LCM is located under the dash to the left of the break pedal and its a very common cause of the problem you are having. I have enclosed the location and removal steps on the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. In most cases replacing it will resolve the problem you are having.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/LCM%20Feb%201.pdf

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.