Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 mercury mariner. I replaced the transmission

Customer Question

I have a 2005 mercury mariner. I replaced the transmission about 2 years ago at 140K. I replaced the air conditioning converter and some other stuff related the air conditioning becausr I haf an annoying noise. I picked up my car and a day later my suv is having problems shifting and yhe o/d light is coming on. I dropped my suv back off at the shop and they're suppose to check the codes today. Any suggestions?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

When the OD light flashes the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. Once they retrieve the code and or codes for you post back with them and I can advise you from there .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 3 codes that came up. They are as follow:0732 - Gear 2 incorrect ratio0734 - Gear 4 incorrect ratioP0622 – generator failedSorry I'm just now getting back to you. My mechanic had a family emergency and had to go out of town and just returned. Please provide your recommendations.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The two code that need to be addressed are the P0732 and the P0734. They indacate you still have a problem with the transmission. Have the rechecked it yet?