Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

My horn is not working on my 2006 Mercury Mountaineer. There

Customer Question

Customer: This is Rich. My horn is not working on my 2006 Mercury Mountaineer. There is no power going to the horn. No issues with the fuse. I think there is an issue with the relay.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I hear clicking when the horn is pushed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yup.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry the Expert you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place. Sorry for the delay.
Rich,

Your horn circuit dose have a relay and its incorporated into the the CJB (interior fuse panel) and if its actually bad it is not service separately and the CJB would have to be replaced. That being said, there are two fuse that power the horn circuit. One is located in the under hood panel, its the F2- (50 AMP) fuse and the second one is the F14 (20 amp) which is in the CJB. I have enclosed the wiring diagram to check the circuit if both fuses check okay in the link below. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view it. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Horn%20Jan%2012.pdf