Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

2008 Mercury Hybrid today the parking lights will not shut

Customer Question

2008 Mercury Hybrid today the parking lights will not shut off. I have turned the light switch on/off numerous times, shut the engine off, started it. Locked the doors with the remote, unlocked etc. Any ideas what to do? I have a battery charger on it now for overnight. Thank you.
Steve
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The first test from Ford is to unplug the headlight switch, can you do that and let me know the results?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WHAT A FARCE! UNPLUG THE HEADLIGHTSWITCH? THEN WHAT? I CAN DISCONNECT THE BATTERY CABLES AND GET THE SAME RESULT!JUST ANOTHER INTERNET SCAM AND THEN WAIT FOR AN ANSWER

Based on your response the diag can go one way or another. I have to know the answer to step one prior to knowing what step 2 is. I read you can shut the lights off with the battery disconnected, though that is not a diagnostic step needed to figure this out.

Sorry you feel my assistance is a scam.