Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I'm ***** *****. Having problems with headlights on my 04

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****. Having problems with headlights on my 04 Grand Marquis not coming on all the time, or coming on and shutting off on their own.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's intermittent. Sometimes they stay on for over an hour. I checked the fuses, all were ok.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The most common caused for the lighting concern you are having is in most cases caused by a failing LCM (lighting control module) and Ford just this week issued a recall of them as well. You need to contact your dealer along with your vin number and the can check yours for this recall. I should be covered and that means they will do the repair for you at no charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a link to the recall? Will it cover a 12 yr old car?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

They have not sent out the recall notices yet but if you call them they can tell you for sure if your is on the list. the 2004 should be covered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. Thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heading to the dealer I bought the car from now. It's covered.
Thanks again, Paul
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again.