Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Got another and I'll get out of your hair (!). This one

Customer Question

Got another and I'll get out of your hair (!). This one started rough with engine cradle and frame rail replacement before 2 K miles. Sometimes when I go around a sharp 90 degree or 180 change of direction turn my "service Select trac" light will come on. I know when it does it 'cause the passenger restraint light flickers on (in the middle of the I/P center stack). I never had any vibration; if I hit the "reset" button on the Lh side of the steering wheel horn pad I can get the message to disappear but, sometimes the 2 small wrenches will remain on the Lh cluster call out. I've tried the to turn it off at the rocker switch located on the Lwr lh side of the I/P center stack but, it still will come on. I've tried to disarm it by pulling a fuse but, it does not have a dedicated fuse. I' ve checked the rh inner axle shaft bearing and housing and I keep my axle end play to a minimum by changing my brake pads to maintain the max thickess pad stack up. I got about 40K mileage on Lh side pads and 50 K on the right side before replacement so it doesn't seem to have an excessive amount of axle shaft run out. Love the car; got Siirus and will get up to 41 MPG on a 450 mile highway trip. Thanks!!
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I thank you for the request, but I don;t work on this model of vehicle. I will opt out so another expert that does work on this model can assist you better.

Merry Christmas!

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Any way you can get it scanned and get me the codes?

in your case I feel like you may have a hub bearing going bad or the tone ring the ABS sensor reads from is cracked and flexing thus effecting the reading of the sensor.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris