EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

Who or what determines the cost of a correct useful answer?

Customer Question

Customer: Who or what determines the cost of a correct useful answer? & what would that cost be? & how is it paid?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The driver's side "running lites" do not turn on, yet the passenger's side does. All the bulbs are good. The headlites work & the brake lites work...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: For a correct useful answer, yes...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. What year and model Mercury do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Eric N. Its a 1999 Mercury Cougar. While I was waiting for a response from justanswer, (you, as it turns out) I selected txt alert as the best way to contact me, since Firefox would not allow me access to my email as their "certificate" had expired - so I could not access my email. Well, during that time, a friend came by saw my dilemma & asked me to let him check out some basic elec. stuff/wiring/battery/etc. He ended up disconnecting the battery & cleaning the terminals (that did not resolve the issue); then he R&R'd every fuse (that did not resolve the issue); then he traced out the wiring loom (as he wiggled it & pressed together any connectors he could find, the running lites magically became illuminated, once again). However, I am still somewhat flummoxed & bemused that the 3 driver's side running lites (the front & rear left corner lites + the left front fender side marker lite) are on a different circuit than the 3 passenger side running lites (the front & rear rite corner lites + the rite front fender side marker lite). BUT, since that is the status quo of that scenario, I'll just have to learn to live with it! SO, at this juncture, my issue is tentatively resolved. Being that this my 1st foray into this online venue, I have yet to learn the site etiquette, i.e., the dispensation of my $5.00 deposit when there was a responder, but his/her services/answers were unneeded - if the deposit is refundable (due to non-use of any services justanswer might provide), rather than dealing with reversing/debiting the charges, can it just be applied to your account for at least responding?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

HI. I am glad you got your running lights working. It does sound to me, and I am sure you as well, that there is a wiring issue somewhere. Whether it be a poor connection at a connector or a a chaffing wire. To close out the question you can just rate my service to you a positive. If you do experience this concern again, you should come back and request me and we can check some specific connectors and wires. Thank you.