Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

This concerns my mom's 2004 Grand ***** *****. Her key fob,

Customer Question

Customer: This concerns my mom's 2004 Grand ***** *****. Her key fob, exterior keypad, interior automatic door locks and dome light were not working. We took her car to a very reputable local mechanic, who determined that we needed a new DDM (driver's door module). He got one from the dealer and installed it, but only some of the functions returned. The keypad worked, the interior automatic door locks worked, but the dome light and the key fob did not. He took it to the local Ford dealer, who tried a second new DDM - and a third new DDM. Same results. Now they're not sure what the problem is.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
BTW - The key fob (remote) actually works if you hold it close to the INSIDE of the driver's door, so we know the fob itself works.
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I will need the vin number to pull all related schematics to see where the issue likely is, but offhand without consulting them, I suspect a possible smart junction box issue