George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

I have an 05 f150 that i changed the 5.4 engine on. while

Customer Question

i have an 05 f150 that i changed the 5.4 engine on. while doing it the transmission filler tube got pulled out. i cant seem to get it to go back in. i have even tapped on it from the top but it just seems to bounce right back. what is the secret to getting
it in. is there something in there that it is hitting on.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The trans tube has a tab on it halfway up that fits on one of the transmission studs. Do you have it bolted on the stud or is the tab hitting the top of the stud the reason it will not go all the way into the transmission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it bolts onto the side of the head above the exhaust manifold with a large bolt. it is out. it jumps back up like it is against rubber. is there some kind of rubber sleeve or something in the transmission.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

There is an O ring on the bottom of the tube did you pull it all the way out and check it?