Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I just purchased a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 v6 and it

Customer Question

Customer: I just purchased a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 v6 and it jerks when driving at times hard seem to do it at abot 50 to 55 mph
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just jerks i really feel like a hard pull type jerk at times you darely feel it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 12 months ago.

Hello the vehicle jerks at highway speeds? More like a misfire/running rough? Any warning lights on?Any repair work done recently and now you have this concern?