Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

1992 Mercury Cougar V6 3.8l. Had some problems with a bad

Customer Question

1992 Mercury Cougar V6 3.8l. Had some problems with a bad thermostat over the summer, so I just pulled it for the summer. Put a new one in today, and it seems my engine won't get up to normal on the guage. Top hose is hot, and lower is cool. Also, there is a bleeder on the top of these motors. I opened it, and there wasn't any pressure. Radiator is circulating. Any ideas? Thanks Steve.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing sounds like you are dealing with trapped air in the cooling system, while you filling the system the bleeder needs to be open and left open till you start getting coolant to come out of it. Open it back up and try refilling the cooling system with the engine running.

Expert:  Jody-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/mercury/9eog0-1992-mercury-cougar-v6-3-8l-problems-bad.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.