Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

Jay, Ricky here. I've to some issues with a Mercury

Customer Question

hey Jay, Ricky here. I've to some issues with a Mercury Villager(quest). Currently its been throwing a misfire cyl 2. This is my dads vehicle, he was told to replace injectors and asked if i would help him change them. all that was done. Button up the job and we fired it up. white smoke came out the tail pipe for a bit until the van was warm. i did replace the coolant lines on the thing on the back of the intake manifold as well.
anyway, so the van acts ok some times and other times it feels like timing is being pulled. super sluggish and has a hard time starting, takes a few cranks to get it to fire up. also earlier this year the knock sensor was replaced.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you are driving the vehicle the white smoke disappears. also i did pull the spark plug out and it was a bit wet. did a compression test and it came back with a 140psi. spark is good as well.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

White smoke in most cases means the engine is ingesting coolant. I would start first with running a cooling system pressure test to see if the system will hold pressure. I would also perform and engine block test checking to see if the head gasket are possibly leaking. This test will check for any signs of hydro-carbons in the cooling system. If these checks okay then the next steps would be to run a fuel pressure test to see if the fuel pressure is holding steady. Check these things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.