Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

My 2002 mercury sable runs hot. Overheats easily. I was told

Customer Question

My 2002 mercury sable runs hot. Overheats easily. I was told that my head gasket is bad and leaking carbon dioxide into my antifreeze and coolant. Is this bad? Am I able to still drive my car without causing permanent problems?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Yes, that is bad. As the engine continues to overheat it will eventually effect the pistons and cylinder walls. It may buy you some more time if you were to use a head gasket sealant product, such as "Blue Devil", depending on how bad the gasket is, that may make it drivable for a little longer. (sometimes up to a year).

….

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you have a subscription or are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I can get the test instructions for it to be sure it's a head gasket and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks