Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

We get very little heat from our 2003 mercury sable. the

Customer Question

we get very little heat from our 2003 mercury sable. the heater used to provide enough heat to require us to down the temperature.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Have you checked the coolant level?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is not working out for me. how to i file a complaint and get my money returned?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Yes, I am here. Would it be easier to speak on the phone?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i need the answer in writing as i have a hearing problem.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I will be happy to help anyway I can.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

First, you are going to need to check the coolant level and check for any leaks. If there are any leaks at all, this can cause a no heat situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i have to continue to to open emails to communicate with you. if so you are not listening to me and i am not happy.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If the cooling system has a small leak, the coolant gets replaced by air and the cooling system will eventually develope a big air pocket which will cause a no heat situation.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

No, you need to just wait for me to type the answer. PLEASE BE PATIENT

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is nothing wrong with the cooling system.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Second, if there is no coolant leaks and the cooling system is full, then we check the thermostat operation as it may be a stuck thermostat. It can stick opened preventing the engine from heating up.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If the engine is fully heated up, then we check the heater hoses going to the heater core. If one is hot and the other is cold, then it is possible that the heater core is plugged up. We then would try to flush out the heater core or possible replace the heater core is that does not work.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Now, if both of the heater hoses are nice and hot but there is still not heat coming out of the vents, then it is possible that the blend air door or the blend air door motor inside the dash has gone bad causing this condition. It may not be opening enough to let heat through the vents.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had mentioned in my first message that we do get heat but not enough. so your answers so far are taking into consideration the information i provided. therefore you are not assisting me. also note that your method of responding thru the emails is not helpful. please do not send me anymore emails as i am sorry that i made contact with this system. i will be placing my a comment of my experience with justanswer.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Please understand I am trying to help you. In addition, I dont control any of the emails sent out

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Also, please note, I did answer your question. I did cover the entire theory and operation of the cooling system in order to assist you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry it did not help, I was just answering your question

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

In addition, the things I mentioned can still allow the vehicle to have SOME heat but not HOT heat.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

So yes, I did in fact answer your question. I am glad I can help. You can process a refund on your end. Your welcome.