AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

My 98 mercury mystique is blowing cold air, no heat. Changed

Customer Question

My 98 mercury mystique is blowing cold air, no heat. Changed the thermostat today and still no heat. What could be causing this?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I would have to say the most likely reason for this is a plugged heater core. With the engine at operating temperature, feel the hoses to the heater core ( roughly 1" diameter hoses about 4 inches apart from each other going into the firewall). They should both be hot. If one is hot and the other is warm, or cool then your heater core is plugged and will need to be back flushed. This is accomplished by disconnecting the two hoses and flushing with a garden hose through the side that was not hot. make sure to run enough water through it to get it cleaned out well. If both hoses are hot then you will likely need a blend door actuator. If you have further questions please feel free to ask.

If this answers your question please remember to rate my service. It is greatly appreciated. You can always contact me regarding this issue right here at no charge after rating my service.

Did you get it figured out or do you need further assistance?