Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I have a evaporative emissions control valve code as well as

Customer Question

I have a evaporative emissions control valve code as well as miss fire in cylinder 2 and 4 on a 97 mercury tracer. The engine is making a horrific knocking noise. Do you know what this might be?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

On the misfire issue, we need to check and verify the coil is producing spark on those cylinders, then verify the plug wires are good and the removed plug will produce spark. Next we need to use a noid light to test the fuel injector pulse. If both are good then a compression test will be needed to see if there is internal engine damage. I will need to know the code you have to diagnose the EVAP.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris