Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My Mercury Marauder A\C unit only blows air to the floor and

Customer Question

My Mercury Marauder A\C unit only blows air to the floor and defroster, nothing through the dash .I think the problem is in the control module. Where is the module located. Also where is the factory code for the door locks located so I can enter my code.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The cause would be the blend door inside the heater box, under the dash. Very common problem, not a real easy repair though.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Different tech here.

You asked about the control module. The EATC control module is in the center of the dash where you make climate control changes. Before jumping to conclusions though on replacing it. I can help you diagnose this concern to see if there is a mode door or actuator faulty. The keyless entry code is on a label on the DDM the drivers door module, which is inside the drivers door.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------
I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.
Thanks Chris